This post contains affiliate links. We earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Read more.
One of the only negative aspects of camping is that we are so dependent on the weather. If it is raining, super-hot or cold, it’s difficult to have fun and enjoy the great outdoors without some creativity! Below are some tips on how to stay cool while camping and other glamping hacks too!
- Build a “Redneck air conditioning”. Get a styrofoam cooler, fill it with an ice block, cut a hole in the top and insert a batter-operated fan inside the top of the cooler lid blowing out.
Bucket Air Conditioner
- Erect a tarp shade using a tree or your vehicle to shade your campsite and enjoy the shade.
- Go swimming.
- Setup your tent in the shade.
- Remove your rain fly. Let the air flow when the weather calls for no rain and if you’re not already, consider a tent with screen or mesh sides.
- Find the direction of the wind and aim your tent door face the income breeze.
- Use a sheet instead of a sleeping bag.
- Use a camping cot. Lifting your body off the ground will provide some needed air flow.
- Enjoy some indoor activities in the cool AC while camping like a brewery tour, winery tour, see a movie or go to a museum.
- Camp in the cooler months like Spring, Fall or Winter.
- Drink cold beverages.
- Buy a rechargeable portable solar or battery operated fan to keep cool.
- Drink plenty of water!
- Trade in your socks and shoes for sandals! Cooling your feet will help you stay much cooler.
- Wait to light the fire until the sun goes down. If you were planning to cool breakfast and lunch over the fire, change your plans, use a solar oven or make breakfast or lunch using a portable stove or camp grill.