We are about to hop the Amtrak Southwest Chief train from Naperville, Illinois to Albuquerque, New Mexico on our summer vacation to Sedona, Arizona. There was quite a lot of planning and below is my overnight packing list for our train trip which is about a 20 hour train ride.
Overnight Train Trip Packing List
- headphones or ear buds
- sheet, micro-fiber or thin blanket or light sleeping bag
- comfy shoes aka crocs
- cell phone, charger cable with USB block and portable charger for cell phone
- laptop and charger
- toiletries – in small bottles for flying too including bar soap, toothpaste and brush and deodorant
- something to read, something to write with and journal
- a few DVDs or download your fav neflix or Amazon Prime movies ahead of time onto your mobile device
- wallet, ID and cash
- disposable water bottle, because we will fly and will throw this away at end of trip
- snacks: summer sausage, pocket knife, gorp, mints, gum
- bottle of wine or wiskey or both!
- travel pillow aka moosh-moosh
- ear plugs
- 4 nights of cloths including hoodie or fleece jacket
- playing cards & gemz card game
- baby wipes
- Crocks or water shoes
- Swim suit
I’ll continue to publish about our Southwest USA vacation as we move through the trip!
Feature Photo by Essow from Pexels